It’s the end of the year, and students are gearing up for their next adventure: Middle School. Responsibility, one of those key components of the IB has been so evident this year, especially during the Exhibition.
Now, as we approach the end of the year and short weeks, I’ve given students the responsibility of figuring out their homework. Here was the process:
1. In a small group, everyone with a chip to participate, they decide what homework they will do this week.
2. The homework must be equal to about 3 x 50 minutes (the average time for homework in Grade 5)
3. There must be a written plan.
4. It must be related to something we are doing in school.
5. Students must be able to document what they do in writing.
Here’s how the discussion looked today…See their replies for what they decided.
Parents, what do you think? What did you notice at home this week?