5B has a Twitter account. We are @yis5b. Today, we talked about how we might use Twitter in the classroom. Twitter can be a great tool to connect with the world. Last year, we connected with a school in Bangkok, another one in Bangaladesh. During Exhibition, Twitter came in handy to pose questions about our passions and to get ideas on how to present.
- Share resources–Math websites we find valuable, great language learning sites, spelling, typing programs
- Ask questions related to what we are studying
- Respond to other Tweets/conversations. Exchange ideas
- Mention important events happening in our classroom.
- Have conversations about Exhibition as we get closer to that time.
Twitter is a great tool, when used appropriately. It’s a good way to condense thoughts/ideas/questions into a 140 character limit. It’s great to find out what other students are doing around the world. Students can’t suggest people we follow, but as a teacher, I’ll have the final say. We’ll follow other classes like us from around the world.
We look forward to seeing where our Tweeting journey takes us.